My son is on-age and plays on a AA team that is in the on-age AA bracket. My point is that cheating is cheating. You can't cheat just a little - if you cheat you cheat. You're the one trying to justify that your son is on a team in the Holdback division that only cheats a little.

I think that the holdback situation is unfair and unsafe across the board and I am happy that they took those teams and put them all in their own division. So you cheaters can all play each other. I think it's pretty funny that jack-hole's like you are now taking to complaining about which team cheats more....

So at what point is the number of holdbacks on a team over the top? If you have 3 it's ok but if you have 10 its not? What about 5, is that ok? Or maybe... 7 is ok but 10 is way too many. See the point? Either you have holdbacks or you don't.

If you still don't understand let me know and I'll draw a picture for you.

It's amazing that people like you just assume things and then has to lower the bar and start name calling. Guess that makes you feel better. I never said my son plays on a holdback team. In fact he is age appropriate and plays on an AA team with no holdbacks, just like your son. He is an A/strong B student and I would never consider allowing him to repeat a grade just for a sport. I also said there is NO magic number for holdbacks to be considered appropriate. I no longer coach youth lacrosse, I just don't have the time due to my job commitments and it would not be fair to the payers to do a "part time" coaching job. But I am well connected in the lacrosse community and know what is going on. What I am saying is that Crabs and their leader Ryan McClernan has created a cesspool in youth lacrosse with the holdback situation. I know parents of former Crabs players and they have told me that their son was on Crabs, was a starter and saw lots of playing time but were told that if they wanted to stay with the program their son would have to repeat, thus becoming a holdback. These kids are good students and there was no justified reason to repeat other than Ryan M wanting to have an older/bigger team than others. This is the way he needs to win. I also know holdbacks on other 2020 teams and quite a few were for academic reasons. These kids are not dumb, they just needed more structure and focus in academics, the public schoold system was not for them. I have no problem with this situation but...as this moves forward more and more clubs are going to start following the Crabs business model and getting more holdbacks. And again, a team with 2 or 3 holdbacks is at a definite disadvantage playing a team like Crabs, with 8+ holdbacks, a few double holdbacks (the pre K thing) and you have players on Crabs that are older 14, some turning 15 at the beginning of the season playing against 13 and young 14 year olds. This is a dangerous situation for other teams and my #1 concern, above everything else, is player safety and Crabs keeps creating a dangerous situation for everyone in their league. It is also unfortunate that Ryan McClernan, for whatever unknown reason, carries a lot of weight in youth lacrosse and more often than not gets his way. The team your son plays for could start the holdback thing, it's not beyond realm of possibility. Also your sons team could very well play a team with a higher number of holdbacks in summer tournaments, putting him and his teammates at risk. And no, you do not have to draw me a picture, I completely understand what is going on, obviously you do not. So stop being a d bag. You are the one looking like an idiot ny demonstrating you do not understand what is happening in youth lacrosse and grade base lacrosse.