I am surprised some holdback apologist hasnt given us "that is what college coaches want for recruiting". That excuse is now lame as Early recruiting is now 11th grade as of April 26 .. That was the big reason grade based proponents wanted it. Thats gone..So come on give us some good reasons why ALL Club youth lacrosse need to be grade base instead of a simple U base? The rules? Help out all the private school prefirsts? Is this a MIAA youth league?? LOL..
[/quote]

Your whole basis of argument is that public school curriculum should mandate a private club sports league. There is no "should be". Prefirst is a common curriculum in almost every private school now. Public schools are essentially third world institutions, with some minor exceptions, so let's please not use that as the gold standard to start mandating private (paid) anything.[/quote]

Wow! How did you get that from all of the above?? HOCO league is a government run league by Howard County Recreation? It is obvious that they either wanted to curry favors from private schools or had prefirst children in private schools or ??. Why would they go grade base when ALL other HoCO leagues went by age? EVERY SINGLE LEAGUE EXCEPT LACROSSE!

I am very aware of prefirst as my children go to Private school. But I do have a higher thoughts on public education than you do. Some good some bad. But that has nothing to do with private youth lacrosse clubs and the leagues they are in. The issue is letting select youth kids play down due to being heldback while similar children with same exact birthday play at a different grouping ( grade above). [/quote]

People are complaining about what they deem "holdbacks", which you are now making worse by calling them "select". The only basis to call someone a "holdback", in a grade-based system, is that they deviate from the public school grade 1-12 curriculum. Private schools are very prevalent in the area, so why are we considering public school kids ok, and private kids not? It's not playing down either way! If anything, just let public school kids subtract one year when they register to head off the year of the painful drivel. I'm not explaining to my 3rd grader why some butthurt parent of one of his teammates keeps calling him a 4th grader! Get the rules changed, or accept it when you pay the bill, and shut up about the kids. And yes, third world.