Originally Posted by Anonymous
You cannot be serious? They repeated grades for one reason - because the Crabs owner told them to do so. A kid born in March of 2000 should not be in the 8th grade. 20 years old when they graduate high school.

Yes. My kid and every other on age kid are at a disadvantage. Is that so hard to comprehend? Please don't pretend that all the other elite teams even come close to Crabs in the number of holdbacks in the lineup. The only 2020/21 line up that will change for the summer is the Crabs. All the weak/younger players on to the 2020 team will now magically appear on the 2021 team.

Crabs lost two games and squeaked by a few others for one reason - they aren't that good. Without their holdbacks they wouldn't even be competitive.

Neither of the 16 year old kids repeated grades because Crabs told them to as they repeated them in elementary school(and went to prefirst). Unless RM is trolling BL's lower school looking for big 3rd graders this lies solely on the parents. If they came to Looneys tryouts or FCA do you think those programs would have turned them away? Of course not.

This myth that Crabs tells parents that their kids need to repeat grades is just that. I'm sure someone will come on here and say they "know" someone that RM told that to, but it just doesn't happen. The parents are the ones that drive this as they feel it gives their child an advantage. And in the case of the two double holdbacks, they were done in elementary school for academic reasons. Worry about your own kids. I'm sorry you feel that your son is at a disadvantage. Maybe your son should get used to it as that's what life is.