Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree. Maybe we can start a petition for age based high school sports next. God forbid someone run into academic issues or move mid year from one school to another due to a job re-location. Then we can require college coaches to attend only age specific events because they care so much about what parents think.

Do you really think that these issues have any relevancy to the Youth holdback issue in lacrosse. How do these relate to select kids under 14 getting an advantage others dont with same exact birthday ? These are new excuses I havent heard before.

Don't middle schools, at least those with relevant programs, compete by grade too? Not disagreeing age would be a good basis for creating something as close to "fair" as possible, but kind of like middle school is prep for HS, isn't club lacrosse (paid) supposed to model HS and be preparatory, for those that want to eventually play in HS? Club isn't a replacement for rec, correct, where you would expect a more balanced "fair" environment. For $2,000/year or more, plus travel, etc., don't people realize what they are buying, before they buy? People aren't buying into club, then complaining afterwards, correct? I always understood club to be a higher level of realistic competition, more that would would one day expect in HS and college, even at the youth levels. It's advertised as grade-based before people pay the money, correct, or no? With the diverse range of public and private schools in the area, doing paid high level leagues as grade based would be more realistic measure of competition in the area, seemingly. Are we trying to create realistic expectations, or are we trying to create a false impression about what is to come in HS? Maybe age based in elementary school, then grade based in middle school? It's a lot of money to treat as a fun replacement for rec, because, you know, you could just do rec.