Originally Posted by Anonymous
The comments were directed primarily at the 8th grade/2020 elite division which seems to be drawing the ire of many people. They were not meant to be pompous and there is no need to call "Petro" as he is a firm grasp of the club lacrosse landscape. If you did not know about the nature of holdbacks prior to this lacrosse season, I am sure you are fully cognizant of it now. I would encourage you to be better prepared for it next year or exercise your right to move to another club or league. The one thing you can't do is put yourself in the same exact position again next year but keep complaining.

You want to focus on the 8th grade team. Hard to do that when the league is set up for THIRD grade thru EIGHT grade. These so called select "Elite" players playing down are all thru these grades. Not just the 8th grade teams. Most people besides the holdback parents and their apologists think this is the wrong way to play YOUTH sports. Letting select kids play down goes against all we are taught in YOUTH sports. Not just Lacrosse but ALL sports.
Why not let Soccer do it? Why not let Football do it? Why not let baseball do it? Why not let Basketball do it? There is a reason that ALL competitive "ELITE" YOUTH sports go by age. Maybe you think we should all roll over and let you and your apologists destroy the CLUB YOUTH lacrosse. No, Myself along with many others will continue to voice our opinions. We love the game of Lacrosse and want some sanity to return to YOUTH lacrosse.