Easy one, but you should know this with all of your superior youth sports knowledge. Youth lacrosse is less than half the size of soccer, even in this area. So that would be great in the few very densely populated suburban areas, but the overwhelming surrounding rural areas would not be able to support rec leagues with teams at every literal birth year. Club could do it and make it work, but their is no incentive, as there has been no problem filling up the one grad year team per grade to date. By middle school, even with the new legislation, top clubs want to build scout-able teams that are ready by HS, rather than having to rebuild starting at 9th grade. Not so simple, as you state, to compare the largest sport in the world, to essentially the smallest (but best!).[/quote]

So are you saying it is easier to field club teams by every grade in sparsely populated areas than by U every year?? Not sure how that makes sense? In sparely populated areas the club team is the rec team or an all star of rec teams. It is U15 becoming a 8th grade team with both 8th and 7th graders ( they play at U15 too) .

So top clubs need these grade base teams in youth from 3rd grade up to 8th to be elites and ready to be scouted by HS. Hilarious!! With recent ER changes by NCAA most serious scouting will be 10th grade. That is ONE full year prior . There will some looking at 9th but 10th will be the big year.

What ever happened to tryouts each year where the best get on the team. Look at Crabs or any team. Roster changes every year until about 10th or 11th grade.

You sound like some club director saying """ By middle school, even with the new legislation, top clubs want to build scout-able teams that are ready by HS,"""" Seriously Ryan??
[/quote]

It is easy to generalize and try to criticize and/or make fun, but what facts did you actually address? Yes, because club kids travel to the club they want vs. rec kids usually play in their direct community. So for example, and I'm just arbitrarily picking some clubs, nothing negative, Balt. City/Gamber/Westminster/St. James, etc. - they don't really have enough kids year in and year out to field teams just by birth year. That's just the history and reality, so youth rec lacrosse has always been U15/U13 etc. Conversely, clubs practice where they want to practice, and typically get enough kids at tryouts to field at least their standard one team per grad year. Not sure why you are so passionate in your criticism, but you actually don't dispute the facts, just seem to restate what I said, but indicate it is absurd, I guess - not sure what your point was. Your next point, which you found hilarious for some reason, no, it would be 3rd through 5th, because I said by middle school (6th-8th) they want to start building and developing teams by grad year, so 6th through 8th wouldn't fall under your hilarious part. Now, sure, I don't really disagree or care what they do at 3rd through 5th, but what they do now is exactly what I said, keep it at grad year for continuity. Again, not sure what was hilarious, because it is what exists. Once you get to HS, sure there could be a few roster changes on the best teams, but that is different than completely building a team, so not sure what your point was there either. Most of the best kids are already there, and a few develop along the way and eventually get added. 9th grade teams will get scouted, and recruiting boards will get developed throughout the year. 10th graders will get recruited. This is all exactly what is going on, so not sure why you are getting so butthurt about it..