Originally Posted by Anonymous
I've heard Madlax 2020 is dropping out of HoCo altogether to do other things....anyone confirm?

Yes, Madlax 2020 dropped out. Friends with some of the Madlax parents, who at this point are very frustrated because there has been no communication on the matter. Simply told they dropped out, have no idea where they are going to play now. Rumor was there was going to be many play dates/scrimmages with various teams leading up to summer.

That in itself isn't terrible, I think many of the parents are more pissed off at the lack of transparency and communication - which was basically zero.

I don't believe any parents are pissed off. If they go without a league (only 7 games BTW), weekend round robins or mini tournaments with a little travel can easily fill the void.

Can only speak to the parents I've spoken to who have kids on Capital. Pissed off was the exact phrasing used when they found out.

The idea of weekend round robins may sound nice, but who would be playing in them? Rec and HoCo games would occur on Sat/Sun, and the majority of quality teams in this area are in the league to begin with. I don't see the allure of scrimmaging Madlax 2020 in some mini tourney. Also, I don't want to pay out of pocket for some silly mini tourney.

My assumption is that this is driven by Maddux due to ego and business. He doesn't want to dilute the brand and play below Elite. Problem is, everyone knows the current 2020 team isn't at that level right now. Compound this with if he did play Elite, most likely they would be blowout games and would leave parents scratching their heads.

As for business, wouldn't it be great to start his own league and dip a toe in for mini tourneys and play dates during spring? Of course it would.

If this was based solely on what is best for the kids, they would play HoCo at AA and have the team get good reps, develop skills and compete at a commensurate skill level. Obviously, it is bigger then that ...

I guess this will all clear its self out in a week or so. Could be really bad for Madlax. So what other NOVA teams are in HOCO besides VLC