Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm not sure why you'd let your kid play for the Crabs unless they are held back a year or two. First, if they are playing in the younger youth teams they will probably get cut and replaced by holdbacks come 7/8th gr. Second, once the holdbacks come, they take the starting line up spots, leaving on age kids at a deficit until they hit puberty a yr or two later. I still can't get over some of the cuts that took place after the WSYL game. I don't know the kids personally, but had seen the kids play many times on tournaments. Seems like such a slap in the face. Isn't that a huge red flag for parents? Many clubs have strong ties to colleges and are far more respected. If your kid is talented and plays for a good club, he will get recruited. Crabs don't have a magical formula, they just play younger kids so they stand out. So, yes, I do wonder why families woukd chose a club that doesn't have kids' best interest at heart.

Maybe because my son loves his teammates and really has fun playing for Crabs? Is that not a good enough reason? He's the one busting his [lacrosse] to be on the team and get PT, not me. Seems to me that everyone on here is much more concerned with themselves than their children. To each his own, but at the end of the day, my son is playing where he wants to play and the fact that he may have to work harder as an on age player is a challenge he relishes.

While that is all well and good, and I mean that, you may have to face the possibility of you being "requested" that your son repeat a grade in order to stay with Crabs. This has happened many times and will continue, going forward.
This is the way Ryan M manipulates the system and ends up with 10+ holdbacks on his 2020 team.
This is not the intention or spirit of grade base youth lacrosse, but Ryan M found a way to manipulate the system to his advantage.

What is your answer for the public school kid who did K or 1st grade twice. Where and what should he play during the spring. he is not in high school yet what team can he play on? Are we going to hurt the few kids who do have a real school issue. Because others work the system. Like all rules everywhere someone is going to work them and find a loop hole.