Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about this - the majority (not presumptuous) of parents think it is ridiculous that 8th grade teams have 16 year olds on them? Does that suit you? What percentage of all the 8th graders in the entire Maryland public school system are 16 years old? Care to guess?

How about this - how many 8th graders do you know for a fact are 16? Not I heard or that kid looks big - I mean know for a fact. I'm not saying it hasn't happened. Just that people are making it sound like it's rampant and it's not. People also make it sound like reclassing and early recruiting is specific to lacrosse. Guess what - lacrosse is late to that game. If you don't like the league change or petition the league.

False statement. Most YOUTh sports are age based. Soccer which is larger than lacrosse had a terrible problem years ago with the same thing going on with lacrosse now. They cleaned it up and you are now issued a card with birthday on it, All competitive teams have them. I very very rarely ever hear about problems with age in soccer at competetive level. Most teams are similar height with a few exceptions until around U14. After that some teams are huge and some are small. But no one complains except to say that kid is big for his age. In HOCO league, its I wonder how old he really is???