Originally Posted by Anonymous
My original point about FCA is no matter if the coaches and players are saints. The concept of bringing a faith based team into a youth sport world is just off putting. And I agree its America and we all have rights. But with FCA becoming a top program its a little upsetting that a top player of non Christian faith would have to deal with the uncomfortable feeling of all the extra. We can agree there is only 3 at the most top AA programs within 30 miles of any of us on here.

I don't follow you. Why would any player of non Christian faith have to deal with FCA? FCA, like all of the clubs, are private enterprises. It isn't like this is happening at your local public school. If you'd sell your soul to the devil for your kid to play with the best despite him having to "deal with the uncomfortable feeling of all the extra," then that is on you.

I hold the FCA team at my son's age group in very low regard, but I'm also Catholic and don't see the attack on the concept of a Christian based team as legitimate, particularly given your thought process. That being said, I agree with sentiment that FCA (coaches and players) often conduct themselves in a manner contrary to their mission and values.