Originally Posted by Anonymous
The ones who are not playing to get recruited, but are just playing to have fun, are the ones who are terrible. Harsh, but true.

you're insane. kids do play for the fun of the sport, and some have parents who don't live their lives through their kids sports. many parents push academics, not sports, and use sports as a means to teach kids how to win and lose with respect, deal with adversity, and be part of a team.

Kids should play for the fun if that's what they want. But I don't get parents willingness to pay $2000+ for them to do it. If having fun is the goal, why pay that expense? I guess if you have the disposable income that's great. I have 3 kids that play, so if they were just looking to have fun, I could find better things to do with the amount of money I am paying a year for them to play and they could just play for their schools.

rec is always an option, but it is only there till high school. club is there through high school. plus, kids can choose to play for the fun of the sport and be on competitive teams. I don't pay anything near $2000 for either of my kids, as a matter of fact I don't pay a total of $2000 for both to play club ball.