Originally Posted by Anonymous
The protest fee is refunded if the challenge is successful. Being that this is a clear violation of the written rules in terms of the Looneys FOGO, I will be surprised if someone doesn't challenge.

well, the rules regarding normal progression were pretty clear too and Hoco blew those off so guess it depends with how connected they are with Looneys whether they will turn a blind eye again. They are definitely not in it for the kids.

They are in it for the kids but given the landscape in youth lacrosse today and the holdback situation, what league is truly age based. I know players on teams that play in the Koopers league that have holdbacks. Every team has them. Do I like it or agree with it, no, but it is almost impossible to get leagues to change.

If they are not following their own rules on 1. Hodlbacks and age appropriateness and 2) kids playing who have played high school then No, they are not in it for the kids. Stand up and be adults and do something about it instead of pointing to other people/leagues/tournaments and at least follow your own rules. Yes, your will keep most teams because you are the only league in town right now for Sunday play but stand up and protect the kids and families doing the right thing and stop pandering to certain teams. You are part of the problem and definitely not in it for the kids but probably for $$ just like the clubs who have manipulated the system and broken the rules. How do you look at yourself in the mirror and and convince yourself you are doing it for the kids? You are willing to sacrifice demonstrating to all the kids that are doing it right that you will sell out and break your own rules just to be part of the crowd. What ever happened to character and sportsmanship HoCo?