Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not drinking the Koolaid at all! I despise the prefirst, reclassify, holdback BS taking place in lacrosse. My son is a on age public school kid. My son was a one year Crab and played with the kids that have committed to UNC, MD and UVA as 2019 prefirst, reclassed, holdbacks. All three of them were very good on age players. Now would they have committed to those schools so early as on age players - two of the three probaby not, but they all would ultimately be playing high level D1 lacrosse and certainly are not average on age players. If the kid was the #2 2019 to commit (UNC) he is probably better than 95% of the 2018's. Again, strongly opposed to the holdback situation and have voiced that many times, but to say that all of the holdbacks are average on age players for the Crabs is wrong! My son has played for three of the Baltimore elite clubs and they ALL HAVE NUMEROUS HOLDBACKS / PREFIRSTS! No surprises there!!!

Would have to agree with you that many of the clubs have holdbacks/prefirsts, but not to the extent of Crabs. They live by this and it is wrong. Remember what happened to Crabs 2020 on age team last summer in Denver.

Was you son ever asked to repeat a grade when he played for Crabs?