Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a True "Whodunnit" for the HoCo thread.

A True team lost several starters before HoCo. They (illegally?) brought up another goalie from another True HoCo roster and got away with it for 1-2 games. Maybe HoCo cleared it, who knows.

But the big thing they did is bring up a bunch of talented kids from VA, about 3-4 games into HoCo, who really turned around the season for them. I assume these kids will play HoCo for True VA in Spring 2022.

The True coaches insist they told the League (HoCo) about these roster additions mid-season. Then in the playoffs, an opposing coach asked for a roster check and something like 5-6 of the True kids were told to leave because they were NOT on the roster. They were NEVER on the official HoCo roster according to HoCo.

Officially speaking, I'd assume this is the league's fault. I trust that True coaches contacted them with the roster changes.

However from a business perspective, what say ye? Shouldn't the True coaches/staff, holding on to $40K+ for that rostered club, made sure to follow up with the League to make sure "it got done?" Getting the paperwork done is the least exciting part of any management job, we all know that. But it's part of the job in my opinion.

True's opinion is they "got shafted." I have trouble with that....you have paid staff....make sure the job gets done.

What does the angry mob say? Who's to blame here?

Which age group? True had at least 2 kids who were double rostered in my son’s year too.