Originally Posted by Anonymous
It probably will be this year for the 25’s. Not positive it will be the same for the 27’s. Yes they will have kids recruited like all area teams but not like teams of the past. Lacrosse is growing and it’s no longer just a couple of big name clubs like years ago. That’s the only point. Let’s move on. Friday’s game so be a great one. I’m lending towards SPSG in a close one.

SP with the better D , goalie and ball movement. More weapons too although MCD has 3 studs! Spsg by 4

seems like both defenses are peaking at the right time. It will come down to SPSGs defense on McD’s 4 great middies…and keeping them off the 8m. McD will have to win most of the draws and exploit the early slides to win.

more relevant to this thread, for next year: is SPSG the only school in the IAAM A conference that didn’t give much playing time to any of their 9th graders? That can’t be good for next year.

That is an interesting question. I heard McD just recently made Freshman PT adjustments because the game-ready pipeline was thinning. My take was their coach wanted to "win now" maybe thinking McD was an interim stop. I'd guess StP is also still in "win-now mode" I'm not sure how their recruiting looks for next year. I'll take McD by 3. They played tough in the last match.

RPCS is losing a couple of strong 27s to McD. BM and NDP will have strong freshman next year, too. Mvlle will also have a very strong freshman class. Good lax to follow for years to come; hopefully our kids continue to be part of it.

Those girls were never staying at RPCS. It was just a matter of where they went.