Originally Posted by Anonymous
Across the top 6 nationally, anyone can beat anyone else on a given day.

I think the Maryland team will have an edge in longer games (especially on a hot summer day) where the bench will be used. 1-20. I think M&D is the best team, but I'd give the edge to YJ 1-12. (problem is that YJ has a massive drop when you get to their bench)

In terms of positional ranking, here is how I would rank them.

Goalie
1. YJ
2. Heros
3. Aces
4. M&D

Draw
1. Eagle Stix
2. M&D
3. BLC

Attack
1. M&D
2. Aces
3. YJ

Defense
1. Eagle Stix
2. YJ
3. M&D

Middies
1. Aces
2. BLC
3. YJ
4. M&D

Bench
1. M&D
2. Heros
3. Aces

Goalies I would slide Aces under M&D
Draw goes to Eagle. No question.
Attack I would slide Hero's into top 3
Defense, I would drop Eagle to 3 and create a tie with Hero's
Middies M&D, Hero's and YJ are better than BLC. But BLC does have one real talented girl.
Bench is subjective...but probably accurate

Among the 6 teams in the conversation, I would say every team is well represented in all facets. Some a bit stronger than others...but all still good. Nobody has a "weakness"

Teams like Nems and Madskilz have good middie programs. LBC has a nice defense. Lots of talent out there. Interesting to see if they migrate to some of the higher ranked teams.

The only "weakness" I would call out is depth, which to be honest will have minimal impact in summer tourney is bench. YJ, ES and BLC get considerably weakness at the back end of the roster. Shouldn't impact much since those kids really won't play in the summer. Only exception could be at Lax for the Cure where you may have to play 5 games in a day including 3 25 minute games back to back without breaks. If it gets really hot, I could see some teams getting exposed.