Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Based on my experience with M&D players, they cannot miss any games, fall spring or summer for conflicts.

We had several M&D players miss our field hockey playoff game based on that justification.

Not true. Happens all the time players missing and it’s allowed in fall. Players choose to go to the sport they want to play.

I can only tell you my experience. Big issue with Field Hockey playoffs and M&D tournament and players said they are not allowed to miss games. Maybe they were lying but that what was conveyed to the FH Coach and team.

Maybe you can set me straight as well, if you try out for M&D and make the black or red, and decline you are blacked balled from M&D?

At the middle school level, it's normal for player to miss tournament games and practices for fall sports. The expectation is that lax is the priority in the spring. I imagine some girls feel pressure to choose lax from their teammates, parents, and coaches or they simply prefer it - but in general, multi-sport athletes are encouraged.