Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just curious how many of you have actually been through the recruiting process and actually have girls playing in college that are making all of these comments. I can say first hand with a daughter in college, daughter going through it now and one soon to be that if your daughter is good she will be seen. It’s more important the club she plays for is the right fit for her and don’t chase the big names of clubs thinking that’s the only way to get the offer. I have seen many of my oldest daughters friends that played for M&D and SW that get the offers but aren’t playing anymore while oldest graduates this year after playing four years. If it’s not fun they just might burn out. Hopefully some of you have seen the Vandy girls article. Best of luck to you all and your daughters.

This is spot on! Pick a club that is the right fit for you and your daughter, one she can have fun on, enjoys her teammates, maybe you even enjoy spending time with the other parents. I also have a college age daughter who played for a semi big name club and have seen many of her friends burn out, hated their D1 school but went just b/c it was D1, had to give up the sports for injuries/concussions, etc.

You don't know what will happen over the next 5 years, find a club she/you can enjoy the ride. if your kid is good, she will get seen regardless of what club she plays for.