Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is not true. Is it true that is if you play on M&D Black you will be seen by the top 20 D1 schools in the country yes does it mean you will get recruited no. A large portion of the girls who have committed recently have gotten little to no money and will never see the field. I have seen teams in the B Bracket have 20+ coaches on their sidelines. If your daughter is good enough to play at a top D1 school it won't matter what team she plays on. They probably get more exposure because they don't have to split time with 23 other players.

That's good to hear. I'm so tired of hearing you have to be on one of these three teams

No one is saying you "have to be" on one of those 3 clubs. The truth is though that it is certainly advantageous to be. Obviously not everyone can get one of those 65-75 spots. Not sure what you are saying isn't true in the post that was responded to. Certainly there are plenty of girls from clubs other than those 3 that get recruited. As another poster said, doing well at on campus prospect days at schools your daughter is interested in is the best avenue to take. My post that was called untrue was more about development. Practicing against better competition will make you better. Playing in A brackets against better competition will make you better. Playing on a club with no history of getting girls recruited is a risk. Playing for a top club that has longstanding relationships with college coaches is an advantage. Not sure which of those statements isn't true.

Yes there are girls on those 3 clubs "A" teams that go to D3 schools. But in both years that my kid's played those choices were made for academics, not because they didn't have D1 offers. No one is saying kids don't get recruited from other clubs but I don't think it's debatable that these 3 clubs have a long history of getting their kids recruited. I think a lot of these posts are in regards to a small group of players that are good enough to play on these teams but choose to stay where they are. It can come back to bite them. Sure they'll get recruited, but will they have as many options as they would have otherwise?