Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard the Hopkins coach might go to Coppermine to help with Recruiting. Any truth to this? My daughter is going to switch to a more competitive team next season and this would be good to know prior to tryouts. They have a descent team but still some players that could be challenged for their current spots. Otherwise SW looks like an opportunity to switch because they always get better just prior to HS. Love any feedback from people that may know anything more than just their opinion.

I am wondering the same thing. Coppermine seems to on the right path, but it is risky to take a chance on them so soon in their venture? Do you think a lot of their top talent will move to a team with a more established High School Reputation? The timing is the hard part with them right now.

Hopkins Coach discussed a number of potential next steps on a podcast recently and she listed exploring opportunities with Coppermine as one of them. I imagine she has many options and she made it sound like she may dip her toe in many things initially. But, regardless of recruiting director, I'd imagine it will probably take a little time before Coppermine establishes the same kind of reputation Skywalkers has amongst college coaches?? Especially considering the 27s may be the first solid recruiting class the team has.

Additional thoughts on this topic:

1. Do I think the coach from Hopkins will "help" at Coppermine? Probably a little but doubt that is a fulfilling job for a really competitive person. I mean you are going from a top flight college program to help out a local mid tier club? Don't see that as a long term fit, she will have better options beyond club...I would be careful chasing that fwiw.

2. If you are going to make a move, I would do it this summer before teams solidify.

3. Skywalkers has an established history of recruiting excellence and the 27 team needs help, probably 6 players. If your daughter/her friends are true A player(s), she /they will get on the field at SW and be part of the D1 pipeline.

4. You and your daughter should reach out to come teams and drop in for a practice or two. You will know quickly if its a good fit

5. Lots of good clubs out there (NEMS, TLC, SW, Integrity, etc)

Good luck on upcoming decisions!