Originally Posted by Anonymous
HG over NEMS by 15. Yikes. Did not see them but impressive scores. First time seeing Eagle Stix. Legit. beat us badly.

Looked like NEMS was missing half their team

Half their team randomly disappears for soccer on-and-off year round. People were speculating why players would leave their team? I’m sure this gets old for players who want to be serious about lax as their first sport.

I watched most of the NEMS Top Guns game where TG rolled them 13-3 (and it probably should have be more). While I don't know NEMS roster well enough to know how many players were missing their top players were definitely there.

The issue was that Top Guns just pushed them around and outphysicaled them across all three phases of the game. TG probably got 80% of competitive ground balls. NEMS was looking for foul calls that didn't happen. This game was a great example of what can happen when a less physical MD team has to play a top physical Long Island team.

The refs were solid most of the time, though they def were allowing girls to play and was very much different than what we saw from NGLL all spring. NGLL were whistle happy and always stopped the polay the moment the ball came out.