Originally Posted by Anonymous
DMV came out this weekend looking really good thanks to M&D strong play. M&D, Hero's and BLC all have to be considered top-5 nationally.

Eaglestix I think is right there.

Anyone watch the stream from M&D game? Announcer was doing her best to not rip into the refs but she didn't hold back on a number of questionable calls or lack of calls.

I think for the most part, the referees were consistent all weekend.

There seems to be a few teams that could win on any given weekend

1. M&D has to be considered the top dawg. Beating Bethesda, Hero's, EagleStix and Madskilz in a row is quite impressive.

2. Eagle Stix. Keeping them at 2 despite losing Semi-final against M&D and then losing by a goal to Aces in the 3rd place game of NGLL

3. Hero's. Still a top 3 team. If they had beaten M&D they would potentially take the top spot. Still really great team

4. Aces. Great showing at NGLL. Lost to Madskilz by 1 and then beat Eagle by 1. Seem to be getting their mojo back

5. Bethesda. Great season so far. Only a late NGLL loss to M&D in the playoffs is the only blemish. But they are really good.

6. Madskilz. Great team. Fast. But in watching the live feed, them seem to be a bit behind on D and goalie. Plus it looked like they lost about 80% of the draws. But they can fly if they get the ball. May not see them up north any more this year.

7. YJ. Possible they are top 5. But they don't participate in NGLL. They will be active going forward though

After those 7, there are a few teams that can cause these teams fits. But right now, the gap seems too big for anyone else to join the conversation. But that's why you play the games. I hope a few unexpected teams make some noise.