Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]It happens and we all know it. There are kids on all level teams that it happens with… not the reason certain teams are better. The top teams just prioritize lacrosse first. Could lacrosse do something to change it- yes. Will they- no. It’s all about recruiting kids in the same graduation class.
Every Other sport figures it out, and it Absolutly makes a difference especially at the younger ages. Don’t think it doesn’t really matter or you are part of this problem of incentivizing cheating and stealing spots and coaching from appropriate aged kids.
I think it is hysterical that m&d wont(can’t) play in certain tournaments because it goes by us lax rules and not Chris Robinson’s rules
We all should be loud about this to Chris to change Ngll rules or the problem is just going to get worse

Agreed, we all know those M&D NGLL championships have big asterisks there.

As a parent of a “hold back” not on M&D, some of you all will really complain about anything. Born in August, we could have made her the youngest in her 2026 Kindergarten class or oldest in her 27 class. We chose 27 and I can confirm lacrosse had nothing to do with it at age 5.

This is one thing soccer gets right. Age-based is the way to go if you want to grow the game and raise the bar for the sport as a whole, across the country. That only happens with ensuring competitive games for the bull of the kids and pushing the top kids to challenge themselves by playing up, not down.

Soccer stinks ! Lax is growing at all levels. Colleges adding teams. High schools in non traditional states is starting. Lax is faster and more of a spectator sport than soccer. Stop comparing it. The ncaa had a 24 year old win player of the tournament yesterday. I bet some 18 yr old mom is complaining to ncaa today. Your soon to be freshman will complain when she as to compete with sophomores. Take away the winning here but I bet most kids get better playing up in age anyway.