Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am friends with many people whom daughters play at Coppermine. They have a lot of talented girls and great coaches. They can play as well as anyone or can lose badly to good teams. They do beat the teams they should beat though. Their summer loses had nothing to do with injuries but rather just poor execution on the field. They loss majority of the draws, attack was a little small & slow moving the ball and defense played majority of plays. I understand they only loss one midfielder to NEMS but picked up four very strong (stronger than they lost I heard but she was quick & aggressive) players that should really help them this year. Not sure it midfielders or attack though. I still think they will be behind Hero’s and M&D but I won’t sleep on them during any game. They should compete for 2nd in either Division they are in with NEMS, Pride, MDU, BLC or LBC. Honestly all the Mid-Atlantic NGLL teams are good. We have to remember they are all only 12/13 for the most part so a lot can change from year to year. Wouldn’t be surprised to she some girls start developing into better stronger players as they hit their growth spurts. Good luck to all this year. Hope this answers anyone’s questions in a friendly manner. Feel free to correct me if I was misinformed on anything I have been told.

Great reply, informative and not snarky at all.

Agree with the assessment that majority of NGLL A teams are good in their own right.

I do wonder where those 4 Coppermine additions come, I assume not REC, which means other clubs lost some talent.