Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Quick thoughts on games that I had a chance to see parts of

1. Pride Red (wrongly listed as black, confirmed w parent) was just ok. Tall and strong draw girl but not really blown away by the talent. Think they peaked

2. YJ Graz and Aces are both awesome, never saw em play live

3. Skywalker Blue had back and forth game w YJ team that finished 6-1, lost by goal w seconds left. Fun to watch the second half.

4. Nems had helluva schedule, just couldn’t keep up but kudos to them for taking on the challenge

5. Monster was good but not great, their older teams are legit top 10

I have very similar comments. Plus a few more

1) Sorry to pile on, but Coppermine has a ways to go if they want to be considered a top program. If you want to be a top 20 team, you have do better when given a weak pool

2A) The YJ B team was the best coached team I have ever seen at this age level. No real great athletes, but make almost no mistakes.

2B) #2 on Aces is absolutely incredible. A true star. Never saw her play before but she exceeded the hype

3) Something needs to be done about clubs downseeding. No way in the world Steps Blue and White should be playing in divisions that week. A real disservice to teams who put themselves in the right division. Won't happen since Steps runs this tourney. I think they should be a A and AA bracket across all the 6th grade and up age limits to correct.

STEPS MAKES THE POOLS SO THEY CAN ADVANCE! You must be new to lax for the cure !