Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know there was a conversation about playoffs and number of teams. This is from the NGLL website so looks like 6 teams.

Play Offs:
2026 & 2027: Quarter Finals May 15th ; Semi-Finals May 21st, Championship Games May 22nd

Hope this clears things up and is what actually happens for our 27’s this year. Gives more girls the crush of the playoff excitement. After all- this is really all about the girls experience at this age and should be at every age.

I think the parents care more about NGLL than the girls. I asked my daughter and 4 of her teams which they would rather win, if they one win one -- NGLL, Lax For the Cure or Mid-Atlantic.

3 said Mid-Atlantic, 2 said Lax For the Cure. I said "no one for NGLL?"

All five laughed at me and one of my daughters friends said. (paraphrasing) "I'd rather just have 2 tournaments in the spring. stinks having to drive over an hour each way and half the games are blowouts." Another one said, "If we win NGLL, we cant go anywhere memorial day weekend"

I am pretty sure those 5 aren't alone.

Ha, you are prob right. Lax 4 cure is pretty fun but my god, we advanced far last year, five games in one day in 90 plus degree heat with little shade, girls were wiped. Sign me up for NGLL championship.

OP Poster back here. Part of the reason I think 2 said Lax For the Cure was that we lost in finals last year.

Biggest complaint about NGLL is the travel for one game combined with the number of blowouts which will likely increase with a diluted A bracket this year.

??? Heros lost to M&D in the L4C finals last year. Pretty sure there are very few Heros girls traveling over an hour for NGLL games where they get blown out. Would love to know what team you are talking about.

Winning blowouts isn’t fun either.