Originally Posted by Anonymous
NGLL 2027 Week 4

MD United 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride -2
Two very good teams, winner is squarely in that third playoff seed contention. Could come down to DCs and TOs, who protects the ball. Give slight advantage to Pride based on showing against BLC.

Coppermine 27 vs TLC Red 27
Coppermine -2
I can't believe that the spread is this close but here we are. Rumors of Coppermine's demise appear to be accurate. That being said, I still think they beat a TLC team that is still getting it's sea legs in A league.

LBC 27 vs BLC Blue 27
BLC -3
LBC has a chance to really shake things up in the South. Always take the under in a BLC game and I am going to think LBC uses the same strategy it had in beating Hero's Green in the fall. Expect ball control by both teams here.

NEMS 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
NEMS -3
NEMS seems to be following the Coppermine track, and Skywalkers have officially improved from the 2021 version. I still think NEMS pulls this out but I wouldn't be shocked if they lost this game.

Integrity Green 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride -3
I wish I could adjust this based on Saturday's outcome, but I won't. Integrity got noticed with their beating of Coppermine and strong play against LBC. I think Pride pulls this out, but it will be tight.

Stars Light Blue 27 vs Hero's Green 27
Hero's -9
On paper, this thing is a blow out but if the refs want to slow this game down and ref this like its a 2030 game, its going to keep the score low. HG shooters will be too much in the end and I expect them to get into double digits.

M&D Black 27 CCLax 27
M&D -14
We have a Week 1 rematch. CCLax showed signs of life last week but M&D will do what they do best, run up and down the field and score early and often here.

Cavalier 27 vs Hero's White 27
Hero's White -6
Hero's White went from an afterthought to a darkhorse playoff team in the matter of the last year. They are going to come hard at Cavs and I think unless the refs get in a way, White's going to roll in this one.

I've seen a few lines out there already but these are the "Old Vegas" lines, provided by none other than Sam "Ace" Rothstein. Get this through your head you. You only exist out here because of me. (Joking of course) Good luck to all the teams this weekend!

My biggest takeaway so far this season is I’m surprised at the parity, outside of m&d black and BLC anyone is beatable.

I saw LBC, TLC, SWB, NEMS, Coppermine all play and they are essentially the same teams. All have some very talented players and also some girls who should be on B teams. Note, nothing wrong with being on a B team, I’m thrilled to see them playing an awesome sport.

Biggest surprise is tlc even though they are chasing first win. Not worried about nems, they are well coached and will get better on D which is a major issue this season, they can score a bunch

NEMS/SWB may be the highest scoring 27 game of the season. 2 very good offenses and very bad defenses. Expect to see a score like 16-13 NEMS

Wonder how many girls will be entering the transfer portal next summer, you might see a team come out of nowhere and challenge top tier.

Don’t see a A+ player going to m&d, they are already stacked but if a few land at same place that team gets very good quickly

Teams usually don't come out of nowhere, but often the top 7 consolidate to a top 4 or 5. What makes this year unique is two very good teams south of BWI. Big X factor is clearly BLC, whose program ends in a year and is not remotely competitive at any other age group.

Do the girls who don't plan to try out for Capital leave earlier when its easier to make a top HS club? With SW improving does the top 5 or 6 from TLC try to make a move? With Coppermine out of the top half of A and no record in recruiting, will there be an exodus there as well?

Based on history and geography, I would expect SW and Integrity to get much better before next year.

I think you’re right, I can see SW picking up 4-8 girls next summer.