Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know there was a conversation about playoffs and number of teams. This is from the NGLL website so looks like 6 teams.

Play Offs:
2026 & 2027: Quarter Finals May 15th ; Semi-Finals May 21st, Championship Games May 22nd

Hope this clears things up and is what actually happens for our 27’s this year. Gives more girls the crush of the playoff excitement. After all- this is really all about the girls experience at this age and should be at every age.

I think the parents care more about NGLL than the girls. I asked my daughter and 4 of her teams which they would rather win, if they one win one -- NGLL, Lax For the Cure or Mid-Atlantic.

3 said Mid-Atlantic, 2 said Lax For the Cure. I said "no one for NGLL?"

All five laughed at me and one of my daughters friends said. (paraphrasing) "I'd rather just have 2 tournaments in the spring. stinks having to drive over an hour each way and half the games are blowouts." Another one said, "If we win NGLL, we cant go anywhere memorial day weekend"

I am pretty sure those 5 aren't alone.
!
YES! My daughter and her teammates agree with this as well. Too much driving, kills rec programs, and no one cares that you won NGLL in 7th grade!

My daughter loves having a game to look forward to every weekend in the spring. Granted, we never have to drive over an hour. But she would be disappointed if there was no NGLL and she only had two weekends worth of tournaments in the spring. Also, you're right, no one cares if you won - but who cares if no one cares? If your kid enjoys playing lax, isn't that the point?

For us, the issue is less the travel and the fact that half of the games are blowouts. This doesn't happen in tourneys nearly as much. If they restricted NGLL to top 8 or so teams in A and then next 8 in B. It would probably be a much better experience.

Unless your M&D or Hero's, you prob aren't experiencing that many blowouts. It happens, obviousl tournaments you can pull from all over to find higher quality teams for the elite bracket.