Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Curious how parody makes it watered down? I would think the parody among the middle of the pack teams is a good thing. Dropping the lower third of the A level would create more challenging games for all teams.

Side rant…wishing the NGLL Mid-Atlantic would just wipe out the racket that are summer showcase tourneys…let the girls play a 25-30 NGLL game schedule (use those weeknights - most fields have lights). Then knock down the Summer to one or two high powered events. (4) 22 minute running clock games in 105 degrees on a poorly lined field with referees that just watched a YouTube video on girls lax is brutal.

I hear your point, but that isn't practical for a few reasons.

1) Most of the big events are tied to college recruiting and need to be scheduled in college recruiting windows which is June/early July
2) This doesn't work for the top teams who need to play out of state teams to get competition at their level
3) I'm not convinced the MD NGLL refs are any better than ones in NJ and PA summer tournaments

Will be interesting to see what happens next year with potentially a competitor league to NGLL

Number 3 is spot on. The NGLL refs this year have been horrendous. Most don't know the rules and alot of them clearly didn't even watch the YouTube video on what a ref is. They are dis interested, don't take control of the games and are allowing some bad play. The refs in NGLL aren't any better than umber tourney refs.

As for the competitor league to NGLL, this has been talked about for years now and nothing happens.