Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can’t recall refs being this incompetent as they were this year. Same 2-3 each week. The poor officials led to increase in parent coaches complaining which led to refs having zero patience for comments.

Listen, nobody should deal with verbal abuse, I get it, but if you blow a call, you are going to hear it. A few refs act like they not only detest lacrosse, but are there against their will.

Realize this has been a trend, but was there a specific game this past weekend that has sparked the commentary?

I’m not naming names here but yes, I believe a ref changed outcome of one game this weekend through several decisions to call or not to call fouls.

I think it was with malice and not incompetence.

That being said, like in all sports, you don’t want a ref to control a game, play better and take it out of their hands.

Refs are humans after all, they don’t take kindly to being told they are failing at their job.

If you are talking about LBC/MDU, I think it was due to having a whistle happy MD ref. Since MDU is the more physical team, especially on cutter defense, this definitely worked against them.

Not referring to that game, what happened?