Originally Posted by Anonymous
Shame that M&D is going away
I get it, some want the successful people, teams, or in this instance a lacrosse club to fail. That is human nature. We chose M&D because of the coaching. As long as M&D continues to hire the high quality of coaches like they currently have, they will continue to flourish. I believe SR hires the coaches. The email to the club said he is going to remain with the club. We wanted our daughter to develop and she has under the guidance of her 27 coaches.

Serious question (not trying to troll). Do you think coaching on 27 Black is comparable to other top teams in MD and nationally. My daughter played against them and they are the most talent team at her age group that we have ever seen. That said, she said it felt like they didn't have a plan on offense and they relied on their stars to score 1:1 goals

In contrast when we payed Heros and that Georgia team, we probably had similar talent levels, but those teams were just machines on offense, playing at a sophistication we have never seen (even with some older daughters as well)

I would say most of these A clubs have great coaching, ton of experience. What separates M&D and Hero's from the rest, imo, is ability to win draws and eliminate unforced TOs. There are still some 7th graders who struggle to consistently catch or throw catchable passes.

They will all get there soon enough. Now if you have 1-2 kids who just athletically can't be covered, that opens up everything on offense.

Eventually defenders learn to crash, learn to watch off ball, lax IQ improves so they don't lose their kid in 8 meter on a cut, girls know to switch off their player, etc.

Renegades, TLC, CCLax will have growing pains this year, the speed is just different, the shooting is far superior, goalie play much more advanced