I know at least 6 girls that are playing on a Top 5 soccer team in the State of Maryland, Coppermine Premier I which is #3 in MD & #5 National & Pipeline, which are all playing for Top 20 lacrosse clubs- M&D, NEMS, & Coppermine. So it does happen. The thing the parents tell me is that these rankings don’t bother them because it’s all about developing their daughters to be in a position at High School or college to have a decision on which sport they will play. So yes their girls miss Fall Lacrosse games for soccer and may miss Spring Soccer for lacrosse. They are excellent athletes, hard working, driven girls so the coaches are okay with it. So whether you like hearing it or not it does happen. My oldest daughter has friends currently committed to top D1 schools for lacrosse and soccer that are almost all multiple sport athletes. A friend actually coaches college lacrosse and looks for multiple sport athletes too. It’s a good thing. So the “Contract” not to play other sports normally doesn’t occur for kids still in Middle School.

I can guarantee you that no 2008 playing on Pipeline's top team is playing other travel sports. I have another daughter in the program and she signed the commitment in her 7th grade year.

Coppermine Premier isn't in ECNL or GA, so there could be dual sport athletes there. However, that club isn't ECNL or GA so there are at least 120 girls clubs ahead of it. So pretty much the lacrosse equivalent of playing for WAYS.