Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone think or has anyone heard of teams that were in the B Division last year moving up to the A Division this Spring? I hear a lot of buzz on here about TLC Red, overheard fathers talking about how good Skywalkers White is going to be this year, will FCA move to the B Division, will HOCO move up or anything else you heard about. Just curious after over hearing parents at the tournament this past weekend. Thoughts?

Can't say for sure, but I heard there will be 16 teams in A division, so that would be 4 new additions.

CCLax, Stars Light Blue, TLC Red and HoCo Black would be my assumptions.

I think Skywalkers Blue and FCA Blue remain.

I think it is important to keep things in context.

They may have 16 "A" Division teams for NGLL. But locally, really it is a tale of 2 halves. Hero's, M&D, Bethesda, Pride, Nems, Coppermine, LBC and Maryland United will make up the upper A Division. Maybe Hero's White.

Teams like CCLax, Integrity, Skywalkers Blue, FCA and a few others will play in a lower division.

You can't have CCLax and Skywalkers Blue or similar playing teams like Hero's or M&D. Those teams don't mess around in NGLL. And you are talking about 15-1 type games if any of those lower "A" teams play teams like Hero's or M&D.

That's not to say those other teams shouldn't participate in NGLL. They should all want to compete against the better teams. But nobody (including the parents) want to see anyone get drummed every week.