Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can we talk about the refs for a moment?

I get its a tough job and parents coaches can be brutal and no doubt they are underpaid but I've noticed a few things in the 6-7 NGLL games I've watched:

1) Whistles on DCs
Either at the draw or the battle for the DC, false starts, holding, covering, seems like 40% of DCs are whistled. Was there some sort of rule change? Are they just calling things more than ever? Both teams seem to be getting this too. I mean I'm referring to what appears to be redraws going to one team or other.

2) Lack of yellow cards
MAybe its now 7th grade and they are letting more physical play happen, which is fine, but Ive seen many hits to head or crosscheck to body, either no call or no yellow.

3) Crease violations
I gotta say, my kid scored and stick def in crease, seems they either are not calling this, or assume feet and not stick is only thing that is crease violation

4) Time keeping
So its two 23 min halfs, but do they stop the clock on injury or last two min or every whistle? I noticed the last few games both at 2027 and other ages for my other kid, 2nd halves are going 25-26 min long.

FWIW, I saw 4-5 yellows handed out at my niece's game on Sunday and 2 crease violations.

The female ref blew her whistle nonstop.