Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BLC beat both Skywalkers and Renegades easily Sunday (both by 10 or so). But, having seen both games I though Renegades is clearly stronger than Skywalkers. I'm not sure their lacrosse skills are better, but the Renegades girls are bigger, faster and more physical than Skywalkers. Curious why they are still in the B Division while Skywalkers is in A. Assume it's because Skywalkers is historically A.

The same was true of the Renegades/Skywalkers game the day before with the 28s. The renegades team was big, and physical, their stick skills just weren't as sharp. Not sure of the score, but they held skywalkers to very few goals. Skywalkers did not seem as talented as I expected.

SW needs 3-5 players, have a solid core (6-8 girls) but you can't hide weakness at this level. I am sure next summer they will get decent turnout.

Turnovers on clears and jogging behind cutters are main issues.

Define solid core. They don't have a single girl who could make an A+ team. They have about 8 girls who could play in a mid-level A team and none of them play on defense.

They have gotten better, especially offensively. I expect them to score some goals, but there defense is dreadful. Its not just a lack of athleticism, its lack of basic lax defensive IQ principals -- knowing when to slide, not sliding low to high, pick and roll defense. Most of this in my mind goes to coaching. Both in terms of 1) teaching good principles and 2) putting better athletes on defense.

It always boggles my mind why some mid to bottom A teams consistantly put their worst players on defense, and SW is not the only club. If you look at M&D and Heros, on both teams arguably 2 of their best 5 athletes play on D and it makes a major difference.