Originally Posted by Anonymous
2027 NGLL South Division Predictions

Hero’s Green (8-0)
Although its more challenging than M&D’s, I think they make it unscathed. I foresee two games in which they are sweating it out in the 2nd half.
Swing Game: (BLC) This is a nice rivalry here, Hero’s gets in trouble when the scores are low, this plays into BLC’s type of game.

Pride (6-2)
Loss: Hero’s Green, LBC
I know this one is controversial, but someone in the 2nd tier of A has to step up and I’m betting its Pride. I think they beat BLC, just call it a hunch. Pride is tall, fast and they can score in bunches.
Swing Game: (LBC) LBC has beaten them in last year’s NGLL while also played to a 1 goal game over summer. Similar type clubs.

BLC (5-3)
Loss: Hero’s Green, M&D, Pride
They got the toughest schedule in NGLL, having to play M&D as the out of division matchup. They like to control the ball, slow the game down and then use a transition offense with long clears from their goalie.
Swing Game: (MDU) They played to a one goal game in NGLL last year. An upset here would turn the tide in division.

MDU (5-3)
Loss: BLC, Hero’s Green, Pride
Facing NEMS in the other division was bad luck. They are capable of beating most any team but also can play flat. They are similar to BLC where they tend to like to rely on defense and then use a transition attacking O.
Swing Game: (LBC) There’s a good rivalry there between the two teams. Whoever wins, it should be a close contest regardless.

LBC (5-3)
Loss: MDU, Hero’s Green, BLC
LBC earned props for beating Hero’s Green. They can frustrate other teams with their style of play but if they are on, they are tough to beat.
Swing Game: (Pride) Two evenly matched teams, can go anyway in this matchup, the winner will be in driver’s seat for that third playoff spot.

Cavalier (3-5)
Win: Hero’s White, Stars, Integrity
They are going to beat someone they shouldn’t. New to NGLL A, they have a solid team and I expect them to be dangerous come summer tournaments.
Swing Game: (Hero’s White) I’m not sure this is going to be considered an upset, but Hero’s White obviously can’t lose this game.

Integrity (1-7)
Win: Stars
I think they play some tight contests and their ceiling is prob 4 wins but its going to be tough. Beating one of the mid tier A teams is certainly in the cards.
Swing Game: (Coppermine) This will really be the measuring stick for the North, as Coppermine is going into the playoffs, but if Integrity can keep it close and maybe pull out a win, it would really be revealing about the mismatch divisions.

Stars (1-7)
Win: TLC
Another team new to A NGLL, they will struggle and miss out on some other teams that they have a legit chance to beat.
Swing Game: (Cavalier) There should be a natural rivalry here with two NOVA teams. Its likely their best shot at getting their only in division win.

As someone who sees MDU and LBC often....I can tell you LBC is stronger. Probably stronger than Pride too. I think MDU is odd team out. LBC and Pride battling for 3rd. Which is too bad since they would be easy numbers 2 and 3 in other division

What makes LBC stronger than MDU and Pride? They are so close to the same level imo. Hard to put one over the other.

Seeing them in Fall. Thought they got better and MDU took a step back. I guess it's all just banter until the games are played. Good luck to all 3 of those teams

MDU is definitely the most up and down. however, without a doubt they have the best win of the fall outside of the big 2, beating Aces Elite 9-4.