Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And fortunately, it was optional for those who didn’t have $30 to drop on such a “frivolous” event.
So, it was all about the $$$ for England! Did M&D charge their players to scrimmage China? No wonder the NEMS program is going downhill fast!

I’m not a huge fan of nems as a program but I’ll say this, the 27 team and head coach are solid. Not sure if they’ll keep the team together but Erin did great job w the team over the years[/quote]

I agree. The 27 head coach is about the only thing they have going for them. From what I heard they have a new Director in training and will also have a brand new recruiting POC soon. Not sure I would want my daughter going there anytime soon; especially if she has a desire to play major Div. 1 lacrosse.[/quote]

Here are my issues w NEMS as a program

1. Parent coaching of own kid, it’s hard to not be influenced by own kid and their friend group. Bias

No issue w qualified parents coaching but shouldn’t coach own kid when someone is paying thousands of dollars

2. Fields are crappy at best

3. No real history of player development and placement into big D1 programs

Sad thing is, if nems could retain all the talent in Harford and northern Balt County they would be very very good[/quote]

Heros also has the same issue with parent coaching, across all the age groups.