I know many friends with girls on the older SW teams 23’s-25’s that are great teams but they were all much better than this 27 team when they were all in 7th grade. Not sure where this 27 SW team will get girls from if they don’t develop their talent from within. I know of some really talented girls within the past two years that left the SW Blue team already. And the SW White team is awful so can’t rely on bringing these girls up.
I cannot see girls leaving the lower top tier teams to join this SW team- teams like MDU, Coppermine, or NEMS because they are all better and getting invited to all the same tournaments. I hear a lot about the top girls jumping teams by HS but not sure how. Hero’s and M&D are the two top teams with great rosters currently so honestly how many girls from those lower top tier teams really have a shot to replace the current girls? I can see those same teams improving by grabbing top individuals from teams like FCA, True, Limelight or other similar teams replacing their lesser talented girls in hopes to close the gap but I don’t see that happening either.
I see this as a two horse race between Hero’s and M&D with everyone else battling to be the third best team in the area. Thoughts? Anyone with better inside information on how this may play out? I definitely understand the future tournaments will be much tougher with much improved out of state teams too.