Originally Posted by Anonymous
It happens and we all know it. There are kids on all level teams that it happens with… not the reason certain teams are better. The top teams just prioritize lacrosse first. Could lacrosse do something to change it- yes. Will they- no. It’s all about recruiting kids in the same graduation class.
Every Other sport figures it out, and it Absolutly makes a difference especially at the younger ages. Don’t think it doesn’t really matter or you are part of this problem of incentivizing cheating and stealing spots and coaching from appropriate aged kids.
I think it is hysterical that m&d wont(can’t) play in certain tournaments because it goes by us lax rules and not Chris Robinson’s rules
We all should be loud about this to Chris to change Ngll rules or the problem is just going to get worse

Agreed, we all know those M&D NGLL championships have big asterisks there.

As a parent of a “hold back” not on M&D, some of you all will really complain about anything. Born in August, we could have made her the youngest in her 2026 Kindergarten class or oldest in her 27 class. We chose 27 and I can confirm lacrosse had nothing to do with it at age 5.

I almost held by our youngest because of Covid and remote learning which was a wasted year.

It all evens out by high school, you’re freaking out about 7th grade lax, get a life

Make the decision that best suits your kid and your family, not suggesting that shouldn’t be ok but simply put they need to be on an age appropriate team. I understand the august thing but there needs to be some sort of line like EVERY other sport. As for the freaking out, it does even out in high school but my older daughter got a concussion in a game against a girl who was born in January and outweighed her by a solid 30-40 pounds.

If this is just a freak out when it doesn’t matter, why not let boys play girls lacrosse. After all it is a different sport and it doesn’t matter that they would be taking spots on teams from age appropriate girls.

A few months means 30-40 lbs, got it