Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spalding might need some coaching help. The meltdown of losing to McD in semi's was embarrassing. They should have won that game easily.
Superior talent to McD yet act like they dont know what to do with ball. Terrible use of timeouts.

Spalding is a talented team and seemed very well coached all season including last night. They may have squandered a TO but it’s easy to be a Monday morning quarterback afterwards. I really liked the Spalding poles and their offensive cohesion. In my opinion, the game came down to keeper play (MCD’s had some fabulous 2nd half saves) in the fourth quarter and some critical second half 50/50 GBs, which MCD won.
I was impressed by Spalding, but it looks like they ran out of gas last night, particularly on clears. There were at least 2 second half turnovers on clears that led to easy goals for McDonogh where a Spalding player just couldn't run away from pressure or find an open guy. They had a ton of guys lining the sideline, perhaps they could have played a few more guys and kept the legs fresher. Good run for them nonetheless.
4,14 and 34 would love to see their Turnover stats. I think they have been a problem all season but their daddy’s rule the sidelines and dictate who plays and who doesn’t. Robbie Hopper was ball watching last night again but I’m sure he doesn’t own up to his mistakes.