Originally Posted by Anonymous
JC stinks and I see them dropping back down to B in 2-3 years.

We get already! Your son go cut from Varsity and you are bitter! JC wins 50% of MIAA games in 2-3 years.

Bashing aside -- IMHO John Carroll will likely have a good, perhaps not great, program going forward. Lacrosse in the Hereford area recreationally has grown by leaps and bounds and those kids are getting good coaching at the different levels of play. Hereford HS has been a solid performer in recent decades, and Fallston HS is a powerhouse and regularly challenges for State titles. Having the opportunity to play on the "A" level at a conveniently located school in North Hartford County combined with the fairly reasonable tuition at JC might provide a very effective recruiting platform where better club players end up there, pass on their local public high school, and thereby raise the already good baseline of JC and make them competitive. I would not write this program off, and can certainly see a path where they might improve -- but at the expense of the local public schools.

No comment on John Carroll, but don't think many kids are going to drive from Hereford Zone in Baltimore County to Bel Air to attend school.

Yeah I guess people don't realize that Hereford and Harford County are two completely different things. If Hereford kids are going to private school they drive down 83 to BL, Gilman, CHC or Loyola.. Why make the same drive just to go to JC?