Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’m not talking about dropping the bottom 3 teams on a given year. I’m talking about dropping Spalding, MSJ and JC. They can’t compete on a regular basis with the rest of the A Division. Drop them down to B and let them fight it out there.

All 3 teams have dominated the B division which is why they are in A. You have to look at all the schools in the MIAA when discussing who is in what division. It is a numbers game as much as anything. Removing 3 Schools from A leaves only 8 teams. I don't think anyone wants to only play 8 games a year unless you play 2 teams twice which I believe they currently do in the B division. Remember too that there is only a few teams who can historically compete on a regular basis in the MIAA A division.(and in the entire country). When it comes to lacrosse there is no better and it is not even debatable. Sure , many great lax players come out of public schools especially in AA County. Severna Park, Broadneck may have a team any given year the can compete with Local MIAA schools but not the entire MIAA. Baltimore MIAA vs Public is not even close. Certainly cant take anything away from teams like Severna Park who won 3 straight State titles and beat Spalding and I think Severn 3 years in a row. Everyone knows Spalding beat Severna park this year but then turned around and lost to Broadneck and barely beat Severn. State Titles are Awesome ! MIAA Championship are Awesome but I'm not sure you can compare them.

👆🏻