Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can we assume that 21-0 Briar Woods will dominate the DC rosters the same way 9-9 Spalding dominates the Baltimore rosters?

5/23 is dominating? Common buddy, when will the temper tantrums end?

Agree, "Dominating" is a little over the top. Let's put it this way. 23 of the 46 Baltimore players are from three schools: MCD (9), CHC (8), AS (6).

One of these schools is not like the others.

I think the times are changing down in AA county. Can't wait to see AS play in 2020!

Sure, the times are changing in AA county, but not like you think or wish they were changing. You are kidding yourself that AS has 6 players on the UA teams. Sure, they have 5 on the command team, but look who one of the head coach is, you got it. the varsity head coach of good old A Splading. I know for a fact that was the driving force in getting 5 AS players selected on the command team. If he wasn't there, only one would have had a chance to make the team. On the highlight team, only one, and he is a known holdback, but it is what it is, as there are other holdbacks on both teams. I think you are getting what the real point is, that without Brian Phipps as one of the head coaches for the command team there would be nowhere close to 5 AS players on that team.

You clearly dont know anything! He is a stand up guy and didnt bring his players numbers up, other evaluators did most of which didnt even know who his players were. He was 1 of 15 votes in the room. Once again, 5 coaches and evaluators had sons who tried out and a total of 1 of those kids made it. All of them left the room for the positional votes where their kids were involved. You come on here a pretend like you know how the selection process went down, making wild accusations, suggesting that the coaches and evaluators whose own kids were not selected were okay with everyone else getting greased for player spots? Very ignorant opinion, PERIOD! You have no(ZERO) clue about what you are talking about, but you are cool publicly defaming a good person who did a great job evaluating and will do a great job as an assistant coach. Just a HUGE sore lost move!

I know way more than you think I know. Things were "privately" discussed way before tryouts with Phipps in the middle of that discussion. I know how the entire process works, have for many years since it first started. This, many believe, is the worst they have seen a team almost selected before the tryouts even took place. And again, it was Phipps pushing AS players, almost to the extent that he was hoping for around 8 to 9 players on the command team. Totally disgusting the way this went down this year for the command team. So don't bother telling me how the process works, who and when a coach or evaluator left the room etc., I know how it works, as the saying goes "been there done that" but have never seen it so bad as this year. The "fix" was in before the first night of tryouts for the command team. So you will say NOTHING about the truth this year and if you don't., you know ZERO about the process.

Credibility is very thin with this bunch.

This is the same crew that followed their club coach to a new high school where he could be The Man.

Just last week that same coach's son was named an all-star at a tournament he didn't even play in.

And now this odd Command roster.

For the first time ever I will be rooting against a Baltimore team at the UA event.

Character matters.