Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Overall a solid event - teaming up by commitment was a great way for players to play alongside future teammates. Lots of talent on the field, as much on display during the drills as during the games. Hero ball got a little out of control in last 1-2 games, as uncommitted kids try to force their ways on to some tape - not the most enjoyable to watch but not unlike any other showcase out there.

As far as trying to tear down some of these kids individually - that is just nauseating, and I suspect a way to declare the "rankings a joke" because someone's kid is not ranked as highly as daddy wants. My son has played for years against and occasionally alongside all three players torn down in this post - all there are top talents. MD bound goalie and D and among top in class at position. The LIDS kid gets so much grief on this board and I can't imaging how small of a person goes that route. Maybe he is not at top 3 at position, but he can put the ball in the net and plays high IQ off ball when sharing the field with the almost otherworldly top 3 guys.

Of course college coaches don't care about the rankings. It would be gross incompetence to rely on them rather than their own work. But to come to a board to snark on 16-17 year old kids to make you feel better about your own kid's ranking or lack thereof says a lot more about the poster than the players referenced.

Solid, well-written post.

Amen