Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Forget summer lacrosse. Fall sports are in question at this point.

Relax Francis, this will be over in a month or two max.

Ahhh one of my favorite quotes from twits on this forum. I go back to this bc I posted this about the fall and while I truly want schools to open (my son plays football and lax at one of the founders league schools) this was released by the Founders League today. I post this bc almost EVERYONE says let go play. The problem with this mentality is rates will spike and the FALL will be shut down. For a summer of lax and sports and beach etc . . .the Fall shut down when kids go to school would truly be heartbreaking and more importantly bad for morale and mental health. BTW, I want my son playing and training with all his friends and having sleepovers and going to crowded beaches and all the usual awesome kids stuff over the summer!

"The Founders League, recognizing the critical challenges posed by the COVID crisis that require further study, will make a decision about interscholastic competition within the League for the coming year in the latter half of July, 2020. following the guidelines set out recently by the State of Connecticut Higher Education/Residential Education and K-12 Independent School COVID Task Forces regarding social distancing, the use of PPE, and other safety measures designed to mitigate the risk of transmission, we are focusing on the issue of safety and student well-being in trying to find commensurate ways to undertake team sports and interscholastic athletic competition."