Originally Posted by Anonymous

I heard that Spalding was getting some new Club players this year and a few transfers. I guess it all evens out

I would be very surprised if this were true. The word is out among the players that the 22 Hawks have playing time guarantees and are at the top of the caste system at Spalding. There was some discontent this season behind the scenes among the upperclassmen (and parents), especially while watching the young guys lose so much while receiving preferential treatment because of a deal with their club coach.

The way the 23 Hawks avoided the school is proof of this. Parents of top players are also looking closer at Spalding will not blindly fall into the same trap as the 22 Hawks.

That is surprising . Not all the starting players were 9th graders?? Were they guaranteed playing time during practice??

I think Spalding will be a little below the top teams and above the bottom teams next year.

Sure they will, Dad.

The anointed 9th graders got extra playing time mid-season when multiple upperclassmen were suspended for a conference game after circulating an inappropriate photo of themselves. A losing season in that Spalding locker room will certainly prepare a young man for future dysfunctional work environments.