Originally Posted by Anonymous
Holy Smokes! Come on here and folks still talking about Hawks team and now Spalding - What is the hatred again for this team? Crazy dads still on here bashing players and hoping they like to lose and hating on an entire school that has nothing to do with your life and your kids life. Hawks and API dads now both drinking from the same well are on here acting they will rule the MIAA for the next 4 years. STOP doing the kids a disservice by running your mouth. Facts are the Hawks team has very good talent as does API and Spalding desperately needs that talent. They need all that talent because just like every year they play against teams with superior talent! Just take the teams they play in AA county and leave out the Baltimore teams. It has not gone well EVER for that program. So having a talented group of players in one grade will make a difference for sure but how much a difference is yet to be seen. Spalding is a losing program, this class should change that. Hawks and API have players all over the state and in different conferences. Arundel, Severna Park,Broadneck, St Marys, Mcdonough, Dematha, Landon, St Johns etc . Are we hating on all those schools too or just the school that their teammates and friends go to?

Just that one.

Thats funny.. Agree completely with the post. Let these poor privileged kids has it out on the field. If they are good enough they will play at the college of their choosing.Which at the end old the day is what its all about.

If they are good enough they will play at the college of their choosing.Which at the end old the day is what its all about.

Disagree with this "what its all about" quote. You sound like the father of a player and probably a guy who was not part of a team in high school.

High school lacrosse is "about" representing your school and community, playing with teammates you have known virtually your whole life, absorbing the lessons, living through the ups and downs, and being part of a team learning and playing a great game together. You are a bad apple teammate and parent if you think "Playing for the college of their choosing" is what high school lacrosse is "all" about.

Ask the guys who actually played in college, especially the guys out of hotbed high school programs, and you will find nearly every one remains connected with their high school program and they feel a lot of pride in and camaraderie with the guys in the program even years later.

It is "about" a heck of a lot more than playing at the college of your choosing. Maybe that's not what you meant but if that actually is your approach... high school lacrosse is simply a stepping stone... then I feel sorry for your son and his teammates.

Certainly not what I meant! For my son and everyone of his teammates getting into a college and playing in college is their dream and what all of this is about! Playing the game he loves. My son is the best teammate on any team he is on and bleeds his schools color as did I and everyone else in his entire family that ALL played 3 sports growing up and that ALL played a sport in college. And we certainly are not privileged. The Point was to all the crazy dads on here hating on clubs, team,,coaches and even players.Trying to dictate and maneuver the kids every move to assure success. Success without ever having any failure or real evaluations without their influence. PARENTS living through their kid instead of the kids HASHING it out on their own.Their talent will be good enough in HIGH SCHOOL to help get them into college. The Game is Great and I have watched on the field on this site and at many dinners parents hating on the sport because they can't dictate what happens next for their kid. Being accepted by his dream college is what this all about for my son.. Not what happened at a u11,u13,u15 tournament or even winning a title in high school though it is what he strives for in every game he plays because he is a winner.