Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]NCAA granting a year back to spring athletes. This will have an interesting impact on recruiting this summer, transfers, and roster depth. Hmmmm. Should be interesting if Ivy and Patriot do not allow for an exemption to those students to play after undergrad. 50 kids from each Ivy and Patriot team will have a year of eligibility to take elsewhere.

I'm guessing most will simply graduate and start cashing in on that Ivy League diploma. I'm sure some will enter graduate programs somewhere and maybe play lacrosse, but I don't think it will have a noticeable impact.

I do wonder if the NCAA and schools will agree on some roster exemptions to accommodate them. Would stink for Class of 2020 recruits and underclassman to get penalized.

Yes, hopefully the incoming freshmen will get some sort of consideration regarding eligibility. They were the class that got snagged in the recruiting rule changes, will likely lose their senior seasons, and then become a second freshman class once they arrive on a college campus.

q. 12.5 means 12.5. Its going to get a little tricky to accommodate 5 classes on one team... perhaps there will be a silver lining in all this. The 2020-2023 classes could find themselves in awkward positions with a lot fewer recruits making the teams. Better be real good, real smart, or both. Could be that more programs follow a 5 year plan? Could be a lot of things and I guess only time will tell. But at least the players get a year back if they want it. The transfer portal should be interesting.