Originally Posted by Anonymous

The Spalding lCommand team experiment didn’t work out too well. The only Baltimore team not to win the Championship. They are going to be great next year!

Spalding Hawks and the puppet coach can't get it done in the UA tournament. Maybe some more Catonsville guys would have helped. But hey, the pictures are great![/quote]

No offense but two of the DC coaches have extensive collegiate coaching experience. No Daddy ball or friends, godsons and family either. Understand how folks may question the number of SJ boys on the squad, but honestly they had the best 2022 recruiting class (top to bottom) in the greater District area. It took a week of practice and several games for the team to jell but once they did, they overwhelmed their opponents.
[/quote)

The 1st 2 quotes above are too petty to address. As for DC "overwhelming" their opponents, I'll address only the 2d Balto game. DC fielded a good squad, but they beat the Balto boys with considerable help from their opponents. For reasons that are hard to fathom, Baltimore suffered a near-total “team” collapse - no "team" offense, no "team" defense, sloppy passing, poor shot selection, abundant and unnecessary penalties. The marginal of victory was 3 EMO goals. I give DC their due, but play 10 games and I see each team winning 5. Unlike the petty crowd, no knock on either team. [/quote]

DC took out Balts best player in the first game. They weren't the same after that. Hope he's all right but know he sat out most of the tournament,