Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA Baltimore team will be good this year but not great. Talent level isn't like last year but that's understandable as its difficult to have the "best" team every year.

All in all the kids that were picked were the better players at the tryout.

No doubt, there are some amazing and well deserved players who played on the squad. And at the same time, there are some definite head scratchers along with a few who have never truly performed at a high level but seem to be "entitled" to making this team time for one reason or another. Its all good though, as the best mindset is for the majority of kids to treat this as a "look" and not to worry about getting selected due to the politics.

Which players do you feel are "entitled" who made the team. Just trying to understand the process. I have heard or seen most of these kids names from watching and reading about MIAA lacrosse this spring. There are a few names that are new to me.

Of course there are some head scratches. Many top MIAA players this year are on the team., even if they dont have a great tryout, everyone knows their talent.

If you think this is a true tryout , it isnt. It is a tryout for a few spots only. Most of players talent is already known by coaches from school and club. No big deal. You still have a shot, just a small one if you are not known. If you are known, a much better shot.

I am curious to see how this goes tonight to see if it is just about tryouts or your rep coming in. My son is an attackmen, doesn't have a name, never played for a top club, not at a top private. He played against a team that had a top name kid. My son had 3 goals and 2 assists and this young man had 1 asst. I am not saying my son is better than this kid but anyone just watching that game would name my son the better player that game.

Good luck. Why doesn't your son play on a top club if he's so good? You're doing him a disservice

I never said he is "so good" He is happy where he is so the disservice would be taking away from somewhere he is happy. Not saying he is better than any of the kids who made it, but there were plenty of kids who made the top 44 tonight who didn't have very good tryouts at all.